John Crane Safematic Oy (Finland), Emirates Global Aluminium, Road & Transport Authority (RTA) and Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority won the first places
Dubai, 6th December 2017, UAE: 14 of the best and brightest entities from across the global pitched their innovative ideas in front of an audience of more than 200 CEOs, influencers, mentors and business partners, where more than 100 government and private entities have participated. The winners honored by Dubai Quality Group - DQG at the 9th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Competition at Le Meridien Dubai.
The 9th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Competition, inaugurated by Mohammed Al Mutawa, Secretary General of Dubai Quality Group, and Hassan Omar, Board Member of Dubai Quality Group.
In line with the quality world day celebrations, the global symposium organized by DQG’s Continual Improvement Subgroup, where industry experts provided insight into Innovation and Quality. It’s a platform to enhance and facilitate sharing, recognizing and learning from best practices and actual case studies in innovation and continual improvement from various sectors.
The global symposium showcased the best and brightest ideas implemented across the globe based on the core concept of Quality and Innovation, under the categories of Kaizen, Innovation, Lean Six Sigma, Best Practice Management and the newly added Happiness category. with aims to facilitate globally sharing, recognizing and learning from best practices and actual case studies in continual improvement from various sectors all over the world.
The category of “Happiness” has been launched this year for organizations with aims to demonstrate best practices with case studies in creating happiness for internal stakeholders and its impact on business (Services & Manufacturing industries).
The Symposium featured Keynote Presentations in Kaizen & Lean Six Sigma Presentations by Case Study Competition finalists, followed by the much anticipated awarding ceremony, where the winning submissions of the case study competition were announced and appreciated, marking the closing of the event.
This year the GCIIS have international speakers from Australia Michael McLean, McLean Management Consultants Pty Limited, who spoke about lean Six Sigma integrated system, and from India M. Dhananjayan, BMW Group certified consultant after sale, who spoke about ZED (Zero Effect & Zero Defect).
The Global symposium was a great opportunity to promote the value of formal quality standards among the organizations Who participated, assisting the entities by creating awareness about Kaizen, Innovation, Lean Six Sigma, Best Practice Management and the Happiness categories, their effectiveness as a marketing tool is strengthened, and ultimately enhanced the reputation of the entire organizations.
Fatma Buti Al Mheiri, the Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, said “For the nine years in a row, we are delighted to successfully conclude the 9th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium. The symposium gave an opportunity to exchange ideas and share best practices, highlighting the prominent role of Business Excellence & Innovation in enhancing productivity and growth in the business world. This year we received more than 100 Case Studies, with an active participation from both Public and Private sectors. After a final assessment of the competition finalists on the day of the symposium, winners was announced and awarded in each category at the close of the event.”
The winners were recognized by Mohammed Al Mutawa, Secretary General of Dubai Quality Group at the end of the Global Symposium, according to the following categories:
The winner’s trophy in the “KAIZEN” category went to:
· First Place - John Crane Safematic Oy (Finland) for their case study “3P Kaizen- Layout change”.
· Second Place - Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) for their case study “Drivers Distribution over Examiners”.
· Third Place - Indonesian Oil & Gas Company (Pertamina) for their project “To Enhance Oil Production And Recover 4.7 MMBO Additional Oil Reserves From Ngimbang Formation Using LOQRA Method And Rigless Operation At PHE-40 Brownfield”.
The winner’s trophy in the “Innovation” category went to:
· First Place - Emirates Global Aluminium for their case study “In house development of pet coke blending system”
· Second Place - Ducab for their study case “molten metal transfer from EGA to DAC”
· Third Place - John Crane Middle East FZE for their case study “Click & Pic”
The winner’s trophy in the “Lean Six Sigma” category went to:
· First Place - Emirates Global Aluminium for their study case “Tapping Yoke Failure”
· Second Place - Lamprell Energy for their case study “Warehouse Inventory Management”
· Third Place - Al Futtaim Finance for their case study “Improve the Credit Card Sales Penetration”.
The winner’s trophy in the “Best Practice Management Category” went to:
· First Place - Road & Transport Authority (RTA) for their case study “Centralized Vehicles Inspection System”.
· Second Place - Abu Dhabi Police for their case study “Managing Employee Productivity through the use of Resource Allocation Model (RAM)”.
· Third Place - Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority for their case study “Innovation Management Framework”
The winner’s trophy in the “Happiness Category” went to:
· First Place - Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority for their case study “Happiness Ecosystem”.
· Second Place - Al Zahra Hospital Dubai for their case study “YOUR VOICE”.
The Gold Sponsors of the Innovation Symposium were Emirates National Oil Company Limited (ENOC), and the Silver Sponsor DUCAB.
About Dubai Quality group:
Dubai Quality Group is non-profit organization set up by the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Guided by the vision of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Quality Group established in 1994 to develop and promote Quality and Business Excellences practices in UAE. Dubai Quality Group organizes Quality and Business Excellence related trainings, events and programs throughout the year with the objective of improving and promoting Quality of Service & Business Excellence in the region. DQG hosts Free Evening Seminars conducted exclusively for DQG member organizations, to provide their employees with an effective platform for networking and knowledge sharing. Dubai Quality Group offers 3 categories of membership to companies; Investor Partner, Corporate Membership & Affiliate Membership
- End -
For further information contact:
Doaa Afifi Business Development & PR Manager
+ 971 55 9988100
+ 971 4 3431 950