UAE Ideas winners:
Dubai Health Authority, Dubai Municipality, Dubai Police Head Quarter, American University of Ras Al Khaimah, General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs - Dubai, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority – DEWA, Ministry of Health and Prevention.
· Gov. & private entities participated in UAE Ideas 2019
· Enhance the Arabic language, UAE identity and the happiness of UAE citizens
· Encouraging the GOV. entities to invest in Emirati human resources
· UAE Ideas recognizes creativity, innovation & continual improvement
Dubai, 24 November 2019, UAE: The Ideas Arabia Subgroup of Dubai Quality Group conclude the 8th cycle UAE Ideas Award 2019, under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of Dubai Airports, Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline & Group.
The 8th Cycle of UAE Ideas Conference has been opened by HE Sheikh Eng. Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Chairman of the RAK Department of Civil Aviation, Member of the Executive Council, in the presence of Hassan Omar, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group and Hussain Al Fardan, chair of “Ideas Arabia” Subgroup.
The conference highlighted and applauded the achievements of Emiratis while encouraging local entities to invest in Emirati human resources and create an ideal framework that will stimulate and encourage creativity and innovation. It also discussed how Emirati innovation is the cornerstone of the progress and sustainability of the UAE.
The award forms an integral part of the Conference, which was introduced in the year 2012 by the group to encourage the extensive adoption of innovation. The annual conference in Arabic brings together Emirati as well as other local talents, industry leaders & innovation experts under a single platform to speak on the significance of incorporating innovative practices at work and how profoundly it impacts today’s economy and society.
In line with UAE’s strategy, UAE Ideas recognizes creativity, innovation & continual improvement as key factors that lead to the development of the nation and its citizens.
HE Sheikh Eng. Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Chairman of the RAK Department of Civil Aviation, Member of the Executive Council, remarked in his opening speech that the innovation is an integral part of the UAE culture and its leadership. And he highlights the importance of innovation in all the fields, which become a unique feature of government curriculum in international forums. Innovation does not have boundaries, and we need to compete with the time to enhance the creative aspects of everyone in the future, each in his field”.
Hassan Omar, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, stated in his welcoming speech, “Contributing towards achieving the UAE wise leadership vision, we are keen to organize the UAE Ideas Conference to recognize the innovation as a vital element for social and economic development. As innovation consider an inevitable factor in promoting economic growth, increasing competitiveness and productivity”.
“UAE is known world-wide as an icon for innovation and creativity. Through UAE Ideas, we want to further encourage the culture of creativity, by providing Emiratis with an opportunity to showcase their talents and achievements and to motivate them to participate in the development of the nation actively.” He added.
“The UAE Ideas Award is a unique platform that highlights Emirati innovation in various categories. Hence, we formed a jury committee at a high level of expertise to ensure the credibility of the assessing process based on the criteria of the Dubai Government Excellence Program as many submissions were received this year from various sectors. I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the enthusiasm shown by all the participants from government and private entities and thank all the sponsors for supporting the conference.", He added.
The conference featured keynote presentations by high profile Emirati speakers:
· Dr.Huda Al Matroushi, Member of the Board at Emirates business Women Council & AbuDhabi Women Council.
· Dr. Eng. SUAAD ALSHAMSI, author, writer, and first aircraft engineer, where she is in charge of wheels & brakes workshop catering to the growing demands of a fast-moving and dynamic airline.
· Mr. Ahmed Kazim, Director of Strategy and Business Excellence, Dubai Customs
· Mohamed Ali Musabbeh Al Nuaimi, Chairman of Ras al Khaimah Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
· Dr. Mahmoud Akram Rawajba, Consultant, Trainer, and International Assessor.
9 Emirati entities were recognized by H.E Sheikh Eng. Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Chairman of the RAK Department of Civil Aviation, Member of the Executive Council, Hassan Omar, Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, and Hussein Al-Fardan, Chair "Arab Ideas" subgroup, according to the following categories:
1. Promoting Inventions (Young Inventor and Overall Inventor) –-the First winner is the Dubai Health Authority, about the idea of “Diagnostics & prognostic liquid biopsy biomarkers for asthma” and the runner-up winner is Dubai Municipality, about the idea of "My Services Initiative."
2. Promoting the Arabic language – Dubai Police HQ, about the idea of “Qualifying inmates to learn Arabic for non-native speakers.”
3. Promoting, encouraging and empowerment UAE citizens - Dubai Police HQ, about the idea of “IFAD.”
4. Innovation in promoting National Identity – American University of Ras Al Khaimah, Department of Architecture, about the idea of “Documenting the old houses in Ras Al Khaimah.”
5. Promoting e-Government – General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, about the idea of “+50 access permissions”.
6. Promoting environmental (Green Applications) – Dubai Electricity and Water Authority – DEWA, about the idea of “High Water Usage Alert.”
7. Promoting voluntary and humanitarian work - Dubai Police HQ about the idea of “Silent Complaints.”
8. Promoting leading business – Ministry of Health and Prevention, about the idea of “Employment Form.”
About Dubai Quality group:
Dubai Quality Group is a non-profit organization set up by the Dubai Department of Economic Development under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. Guided by the vision of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Quality Group established in 1994 to develop and promote Quality and Business Excellences practices in UAE. Dubai Quality Group organizes Quality and Business Excellence related training, events and programs throughout the year to improve and promote Quality of Service & Business Excellence in the region. DQG hosts Free Evening Seminars conducted exclusively for DQG member organizations to provide their employees with an effective platform for networking and knowledge sharing. Dubai Quality Group offers 3 categories of membership to companies; Investor Partner, Corporate Membership & Affiliate Membership.
For further information, contact:
Doaa Afifi Business Development & PR Manager
+ 971 55 9988100
+ 971 4 3431 950